Saturday, June 29, 2019

The Importance of Self-Care

This post was first published here: Reiki Rays
Healers are usually focused on helping others heal ...Finding a Balance

Finding a Balance

Healers are usually focused on healing others and/or on helping others find their center, their place of Zen, their balance. Sometimes, healers are helping others to the exclusion of helping themselves. In my time on this Earth plane, I’ve learned that it’s just as important (or even more important!) to care for myself before I can assist others effectively. Often, that means hibernating or isolating from others for an extended period of time to regroup, recharge and renew my own Being. 

When I find myself in that space of needing to be alone to recharge, I withdraw into my own personal space quietly. There is no need to announce my withdrawal to anyone. I simply retreat into my own personal healing vortex, where I can recharge, relax and renew. I’m no stranger to being alone or to enjoying solitude peacefully. I know when it’s important and when I need alone time to collect myself (and connectmy Self!) and take some slow, deep, cleansing breaths. 

Creating a Sacred Space 

I create my own ‘spa days’ that are tailored to my specifications and what my needs might be on any given day. Sometimes, that may mean simply enjoying a cup of tea in the stillness of the early morning, whilst basking in the early morning sunshine. Or maybe it’s sitting on the deck in the backyard, listening to the birds awakening as the sun climbs slowly over the horizon.

At other times, my self-care rituals may be more involved. I might schedule time at a local spa, where I’ll indulge in two or more services, allowing myself to relax and receive all the good vibrations that other healers have to offer. I love those times when I can relax enough to simply enjoy another’s healing techniques without judgment. Those are some of the most effective self-care days for me.
Self-Care is paramount in order to help others heal ...
Surrendering totally to the Present moment always has a way of healing one’s energy on a quantum level.

Of course, Reiki is at the center of every thing I do for my own self-care. Its gentle, powerful & healing energy infuses into every second of the rituals I create for my own peace of mind. For instance, I make a cup of tea and infuse Reiki into the tea. I draw a bath with essential oils and/or sea salt and infuse Reiki into the deliciously warm and welcoming waters. I make a nourishing, comforting soup and infuse Reiki into the tasty broth.

Every moment I spend alone and focused on self-care is important for me. I thrive on healing my own maladies and connecting deeply with Source and Nature. It helps me to reconnect and center my spirit. Spending time nurturing myself, recharging my own battery, connecting with who I truly am and meditating in the stillness of Nature is imperative for my own peace of mind, my own physical and mental wellness. It is also helpful in bringing my Soul and my Life back into balance.

Physician, Heal Yourself 

We can only give to others that which we have to give ...
It’s important to remember that while assisting others to heal, we mustn’t forget to care for ourselves in the process. We can only give as much as we have and if we’ve depleted our energy significantly, we won’t have much to offer anyone who is seeking solace or healing in our presence. Self-care isn’t about being selfish, but about being selfless. Our vessels, our bodies and souls require consistent nourishment in order to effectively help others nourish themselves. It is imperative that I take time frequently to focus on self-care and healing myself. 

It is my hope that practitioners from all walks of Life realize that they are as important as those they assist, and learn to care for themselves as well as they care for their clients. We are all in need of deep and cleansing healing on multiple levels. 

Walk in Light ~ 
Reiki Nurse 

No comments:

Post a Comment